Thursday, March 9, 2017

Still Sold on Kansas

Do you remember when Kansas was the surefire favorite I win the whole thing? Well I'm glad you remember because that is clearly no longer the case. Kansas lost to TCU today 85-82 in the Big 12 quarterfinals. Now the Jayhawks were without Josh Jackson, who was suspended for a traffic violation stemming from a February incident, but Kansas still has to win that game. 

They have been my pick since the beginning of the season. I had some reconsiderations, but I ultimately sided with Kansas. Now, I don't even know. Everything was all planned out for me in terms of bracketology and then they go and screw me like this. One of the biggest factors heading into the tournament is momentum, and Kansas's loss might be one of the most deflating of the year. 

But until I see the matchups or another team just blows me away, I'm still Rockin' Chalkin' and Jayhawkin' my way through this year's tournament. I'm not saying that Kansas has my complete confidence, but this year who does? Kansas, despite their loss, is just as good a team as any, so I'm not going to let this one loss push me away from the Jayhawk bandwagon. 

Besides, losses can actually serve as wakeup calls to these teams. And I'm hoping Kansas gets an ice cold bucket of water thrown on them instead of hitting the snooze button. 

There's always contenders aside from the favorite so here are my top 9 teams behind Kansas:

2. North Carolina
3. Villanova
4. Oregon
5. UCLA
6. Duke
7. Gonzaga
8. Arizona
9. Louisville
10. SMU

No comments:

Post a Comment