Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Bracket Angst

It's about this time of the bracket season where I start looking for an overarching sign to propel me to victory. 

Well that hasn't happened yet, and I'm not confident that it will either. Even after I filled out my initial bracket Monday, I'm still lacking some assurance that what I predicted may happen. College basketball didn't speak to me through the bracket as it has in years past (for better or worse). The last time this happened was 2013, when I picked Duke to win it all based on my dog walking all over my whiteboard bracket and leaving Duke's name unscathed. That wasn't half bad as they went to the Elite Eight that year. Granted, hindsight 20/20, Louisville was the clear pick to win that year, and I missed out, but it was still an inviting proposition to pick them based on what my dog said.

I guess the moral of the story is that you can fill out your bracket any damn way you want. Because I certainly have no idea how to do it. This year I have Kansas winning the national championship. My reason comes from behind basketball. First, they were my preseason pick, and second, my dad wins $700 because of me telling him who to pick. My Final Four is rounded out by Villanova, Arizona and North Carolina just because it feels the most right. Again I'm not supremely confident in these picks, but I'm rolling with it. Basically these are the teams that I see the least amount of problems in, so I'm picking them. 

Regardless of your picks, good luck to you all this March, and hopefully you will be victorious in your pursuit of a bracket pool title. 

Rock Chalk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment