Saturday, March 11, 2017

Oregon's Sad Situation

My bracket preparation has just been thrown out the window. Why? Because Chris Boucher, Oregon's best big man and shot blocker, tore his ACL yesterday and is out for the remainder of the season. This just sucks. Oregon had something really special brewing, but the loss of Boucher might be too much to overcome. Boucher has also been through so much in his life (homeless as a teenager), and it's really sad to see him go out this way as a senior. 

With every injury, however, comes a backup bracket. I can't see a way where Oregon can get into the Final Four with the loss of Boucher, which means I have to do some readjusting. The Pac-12 might have the best top three in college hoops, but I don't see UCLA, Arizona or Oregon making a Final Four. UCLA doesn't play defense, Arizona doesn't seem like they care enough, and Oregon doesn't have Boucher. This should be a league that I'm super confident in, but I'm just not anymore. Hopefully one of these two teams shows me something in the second half because I don't want to kiss this league goodbye yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment