Saturday, March 11, 2017

Re-picking Conference Tournaments

Perfection hath been ruined. UCLA lost to Arizona last night, and my chances for the $3,000 and the IHOP gift cards are dashed. The good thing about being wrong on your own predictions this early is getting to make new ones, so here we go.

Big Ten 
I have Michigan beating Minnesota because that plane fiasco has seemed to make the Wolverines play better. In the other semifinal I have Northwestern beating Wisconsin. This isn't based off of anything other than I hate Wisconsin and love Northwestern. In the championship, I have Michigan winning. Again, that plane thing made them a stronger team; I'm not betting against them now. 

Pick: Michigan, Northwestern; Michigan

Big 12
I know West Virginia's defense is soooooo good, but I think Iowa State will get them this time. Monte Morris is the type of point guard who can handle the Mountaineer press, and West Virginia doesn't have enough offense (16 point first half yesterday).

Pick: Iowa State 

ACC
I'm really looking forward to this game. Duke and Notre Dame are two of the hottest teams in the country, and the loser will have all that momentum obliterated. The way Duke is playing, I can't get against them right now. I'm a huge Jayson Tatum fan, and ND doesn't have anyone to contain him.

Pick: Duke

SEC
Kentucky

Big East
Villanova got lucky in two ways this tournament: 1) They beat Seton Hall even though Angel Delgado had a wide open layup to tie it at the buzzer. 2) They don't have to play Butler today in the championship. With that, I like the Wildcats to knock off Creighton in this one.

Pick: Villanova

Pac-12
The conference that toys with my heart, the Pac-12 also brings an awesome game to the table tonight: Oregon vs Arizona. Oregon blew Arizona out of the water earlier this year, but I like Arizona. Oregon hasn't look fresh this whole tournament, and Arizona is trending up after last night's victory.

Pick: Arizona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment