Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Jayhawk Moment

Today was obviously full of stunning results and exciting contests, but I want to talk about one team in particular, and that team is the Kansas Jayhawks. 

In their game against Baylor today, Kansas was tested throughout the game, but they somehow won a game that they probably shouldn't have for the second straight time. There's a lot of stuff wrong with Kansas: the off-court stuff, their free throw shooting, their inconsistent uniform choices, but man is this team for real. I started to doubt them, I really did, but I can't look away from something staring me in the face. Kansas is far and away the favorite to win the national championship. People may argue that, but in my eyes nobody comes close. The frontcourt deficiency hasn't been as big of an issue as I expected, just like the Goonies, they never say "die."  

I have been concerned this season because I didn't see a championship moment in any team so far. Usually, there's one instance where it all hits you. It's a realization that says "Hey, this team could win the whole damn thing." It usually isn't correct. For example, I had that moment with Michigan State last year. But it's nice to have that type of confidence heading into a bracket pool. Today, I had that moment with Kansas. This team is special, I can feel it in my gut. They may just win the whole damn thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment