Friday, February 3, 2017

Q&A with Ayo Dosunmu

I recently got a chance to talk with  Ayo Dosunmu, a highly sought-after recruit in the class of 2018. The 6-4 point guard goes to Morgan Park High School in Chicago, IL. According to 247Sports, Dosunmu is the best player in Illinois and the 32nd best in the country. Here is our conversation: 

Q: Best part of being a big time recruit?
A: The best part about that is knowing that every game you play there will be a huge crowd of people wanting to see your talents.

Q: When did you realize that you could play basketball at a major Division I level?
A: Playing D1 basketball was something that I always knew was possible for me. I just kept working hard  so that other people could see my talents as well.

Q: What schools have you had the most contact with? 
A: Creighton, Illinois, Northwestern, Butler and Xavier. That's not a particular cut list, those are just the ones I've been in contact with. 

Q: What do you like about those schools?
A: I like how they are involved and how they make it to as many of my games they can.

Q: Do you plan on finishing your high school career at Morgan Park?
A: Of course. No doubt about it.

Q: What players do you try to incorporate into your game?
A: Magic Johnson and Russell Westbrook

Q: How would you describe your game to people who aren't familiar with it?
A: I'm a big guard who scores, facilitates, and does whatever is needed to win. 

Q: What aspect of your game would you like to improve upon the most?
A: Shooting off the dribble

Q: Do you ever get sick of basketball? Like are there some days where you wish you didn't have a practice or game that day?
A: No. I get up for every game because I truly love this sport.

Q: What are you looking for in a college?
A: I'm looking for a college that fits my playing style and has a good offensive tempo and has a winning culture.

Q: Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? 
A: Kobe Bryant 

Q: Who is the best player you've played against in high school or AAU? 
A: That's a tough one, I don't know 

Q: Do you prefer to watch college or NBA basketball? 
A: NBA. NBA any day.

Q:  Who wins the championship his year?
A: Warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment