Thursday, February 9, 2017

Oregon @ UCLA

As of 25 minutes ago, I was pretty convinced that Oregon was in my top three for national championship contenders, now I'm not sure what to think of them. They were up 19 points tonight against UCLA, and they lost 82-79 behind a 31 point second half. Lonzo Ball sliced and diced through the Oregon defense, and willed his team to victory down the stretch. 

I'm not selling UCLA short here, but I think this was more of an Oregon collapse than a UCLA win. Oregon just couldn't score in the second half, and against UCLA, that's a must. On the other hand, Bryce Alford continues to prove me wrong and hit ridiculous three point attempts in big time situations, and Lonzo Ball is the best game manager in the nation. Everyone knows the offense is there for the Bruins, the question was the defense, and tonight they took a step in the right direction. 

All in all, this just sums up how great basketball is out west. I've said this before, but we could see a Final Four where no team is outside the Pacific time zone. That's bananas. Anyway, point is that UCLA had a great night, and Oregon should be concerned. Good night, America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment