Wednesday, July 19, 2017

My Top 5 Favorite College Basketball Players

I'm in Europe until the end of July and I can't really post anything relevant to the current state of basketball, so here's a Top 5 Favorite College Basketball Players List. I might've posted something similar to this earlier, but whatever. 

1. Kemba Walker- UCONN PG, won 2011 NCAA Tournament and won me a bracket pool. Hit one of the most iconic shots in Big East history.  I've always wanted my game to be like his. Lucky to see him play in the NBA in person.

2. Ryan Arcidiacono- Villanova PG, won 2016 NCAA Tournament, played with style but scrappiness. I was fresh off a Villanova visit when he made his tournament run, so he is meaningful to me.

3. Kris Dunn- Providence PG, first saw him in 2015 NCAA Tournament in a loss to Dayton, I've followed him ever since. Finally got to see him play at Hinkle Fieldhouse where he was outstanding. The reason I'm a Timberwolves fan.

4. Ron Baker- Wichita St SG, I wanted to be like Kemba, but as I got older/less athletic I realized that I was like Ron Baker. Admire his story from unknown walk on to March hero. Plays with a grit that I love.

5. JJ Redick- Duke SG, Makes an appearance on this list because my cousin loved him when he played. I never saw him play when he was in college, but I was curious one day so I looked up highlights. He was a pretty cool player. It also helped that I was compared to him at some pickup games.

1 comment: