Sunday, May 14, 2017

Western Conference Finals Prediction

We are about an hour away from the Western Conference Finals tipping off, so I though I should give my input on the series as my coverage tends to be more Eastern Conference oriented. This is primarily because I don't see any way in which the Warriors could lose, not to say the Cavaliers are vulnerable, but they still have a small chance of being upset compared to the Warriors. (I would say 2% chance to -12% chance). Nevertheless, I still hope that the Spurs can give the Warriors a decent fight because I'm getting pretty tired of seeing 15-40 point victories every night. 

If you look at the regular season, the Spurs actually won the series 2-1. Everyone remembers the opening night shellacking they gave the Warriors in October. The Spurs also won the second game, but that's void since every player of relevance rested. Then in Game 3 the Warriors got down early but made a masterful comeback to win by 12. I think these teams are more even than people think. My heart says "Go Spurs Go," while my brain says "Dub Nation." This is really tough. 

I'm taking the Warriors. In 5. I think this will be the series where the Spurs miss Tony Parker the most, and Steve Kerr getting involved again for Golden State is a big momentum boost. I hate being ordinary, but the Warriors have left me no choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment